Monday, October 18, 2010

First Trip - Starting in the 100's

Ok slight detour. 001 starts the dewey decimal system and these are all computer books for programs. Most of it is wayyyy over my head so I started at the end of the row on the other side in the 100's which is psychology and philosophy. Definitely 2 of my fave subjects! This will take me through a good amount of psychology, philosophy, occult, astrology ( my passion), then on to more technical things. I went right into the library..grabbed the first 4 books off the top right shelf and put them into my bag. These are the titles I got:

Simple-ology: The Simple Science of Getting What you Want by Mark Joyner

Kick Up Your Heels...Before You're Too Short to Wear Them by Loretta Laroche

Everything Happens for a Reason by Mira Kirshenbaum

I'm Dysfunctional, You're Dysfunctional by Wendy Kaminer


I hope to come back and post my thoughts on each book and keep you updated as to which new ones I pull. They are on 2 week borrowing time so for now, my time frame is 4 at a time. This may vary depending on what else I might be up to...so go easy on me. lol.

I started reading simple-ology first and it sucked me in right away. It appears to be very anti-The Secret...enforcing more of a "go get them" attitude than a believe in the universe and meditate theory of getting what you want. I am slightly alarmed tho..the back of it says do not shelve..return to business and information center. I am afraid the library police might come after me for this one!

Technically for record keeping purposes..I started at 158 J, K, and beginning of L. Granted there will be books I might be missing due to them being out or on the new book shelf. This is one of the purposes of keeping track of the books I have read...that way I can look back and grab any I might have missed from the ones I have already read.

I honestly do not know if I can set a time limit on any of this. I am a single mother, I work on many projects, have 2 blogs, and I spend a lot of time with family, friends and in the Outdoors. i figure after a few weeks I can see what my reading schedule looks like and perhaps set mini goals. I need to come up with something that is reasonable..and something that I can actually accomplish.

No comments:

Post a Comment