Monday, November 1, 2010

Update Nov 1

I have added my own rating scale of excellence called the “WISE OWL INDEX”. You will see the results of each book below my review rated on a WISE OWL INDEX scale of 1 through 4. Again, these are purely based on my opinion of the book. Naturally a rating of 1 being the worst and 4 being the highest score..I will be rating each book by this index.

I have also added my reviews to Amazon which can be seen under the email kylienkate@aol.com . I will continue doing this as Amazon reviews have assisted me in purchasing books online in the past. I hope they will serve to enlighten others.

I wanted to add a note to my first Library-fi-cation trip that happened a couple of weeks ago. I made the mistake of originally thinking that I could get several new books from the new bookshelf ALONG with my 4 Library-fi-cation books. This has not served me well. I have found that I am easily distracted by them even if they are cookbooks or how-to books. From here on out, I will only be getting the 4 Library-fi-cation books in order. I have of course read numerous fantastic books before deciding to create this blog and I am torn between adding these on here or not. If you have any thoughts on this please let me know. I want to keep this blog as close to the project as possible so for now, I will not be including any other reviews than the ones I read within these boundaries.

I have had a very slow start to the first 4 books I got. I actually finished several other books from the new bookshelf which as I mentioned before was NOT a good idea. It really held me back from progressing on the ones I had to read. If you are not aware, I also run another blog called Kylie Ate Cake which started as a personal blog but is slowly metamorphosing into an astrology blog. Over the next couple of months, not only will I be adding articles to this blog but I will be moving it, redecorating it, and renaming it. It will be a slow process but something that will inevitably need to be done. If you have not already done so, please follow me at Kylie Ate Cake and sign up for my newsletter if you have any interest in astrology. I actually went out of town for a week to visit Deep Creek lake which is something I have been doing every other week for about 3 months now. I find it’s the perfect place for me just submerge myself in reading and writing articles. I managed to almost knock out all the first 4 books but I forgot one at home. So next week I will be finishing that up, writing my review, and heading to the library for the next 4.

Another slight roadblock to my library-fi-cation project is that my library..the one I have been going to since I was 2 years old..is moving! At least temporarily until their new building is built on the same spot downtown. Progress is great so I am excited to see the benefits but I will direly miss my old oh-so-familiar library. In the midst of all this renovation, they are moving all their books to a store-front in a strip mall…..kinda strange. I will follow the DDS (dewey decimal system) to stay on track but I might be chasing down books between downtown and the strip mall. I am hoping this goes over well. I believe all of this begins in early November so I am not sure how it will all play out just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment